Re: [LUG] Website Stats please...

On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 1:30 AM, Simon Waters wrote:
> I am always surprised how many members use Windows for their desktop OS,
> and GNU/Linux on servers only.

I always do a lot of server-y stuff on my desktop PC, all of which is
possible but a lot more tricky from Windows, plus I love the command
line*, but if I were to use my PC for what most people use it for --
browse the web, read email -- I can imagine using Windows. Firefox is
Firefox, Thunderbird is Thunderbird.

* after getting myself an Android phone recently, I told my wife that
I now run Linux on both my phone and my PC. She, having run Android
herself for over a year, was surprised that it was running Linux,
which she mostly knows from having seen me run it. "But... you don't
have to enter commands on Android!"

> Software is terribly sticky

Which is why I keep being amazed at how Mozilla managed to convince
about a third of IE users to switch to Firefox, after which Google
managed to convince another third of these users, plus a few of those
that had switched to Firefox, to Chrome.

Martijn.