Re: [LUG] Fortunes

> If you want a calender program: have a look at remind (details at
> http://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Remind).

Interesting. I've actually written the calendar to fit with our
existing software as cgi. Not heard of remind, looks intriguing.

Also discovered "pal" yesterday, which is an alternative to 'cal' with
some bells on.

I've now resolved my dilemma by finding a website with 1500 "On this
day, XX happened" entries. Cut and pasted, did some search and replace
and ended up with a tab delimited text file, which I imported into
mysql and am now calling during the page render. Seems to work ok.

Only problem is, it's not very uplifting...

Todays are:
This day in 1170, Thomas A Becket murdered
This day in 1940, Worst night of The Blitz

Thanks all for your help.

Si