Re: [LUG] Fortunes

On 28/12/12 18:55, Simon Avery wrote:
I wanted something fun/uplifting and random to add to a coding project
- a calendar, so called "fortunes -s" from the linux host.

The problem is - I don't find hardly any of the fortune files funny,
inspiring or uplifting! Instead they're insulting, unfunny, crap or
steeped in American references, which won't do at all.

Debian doesn't have a huge choice, I wondered if anyone knew of a
place with fortunes files that are worth using?

Similarly, I vaguely recall an old linux command that would tell you
something historical that happened this day in history. But I cannot
find such a thing - was I dreaming, or does that exist? (Might
actually be more useful in this context)

Any ideas?

Not sure about historical, but Mint has some funny forum posts from one of the old users such as...

"But now hda8 lives happily on the desktop together with its siblings"

Husse Jul 1 2007

"You have made your way to UUID hell"

Husse Oct 20 2007

Rob