Re: [LUG] Linux compatible Personal Music Player

On 14/12/12 14:05, Philip Whateley wrote:
On 14/12/12 12:33, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, tom wrote:

My personal preference is for a small handheld device that does a
million other things as well - I'd try a small android device that
will do what you ask, possibly work as a phone and a computer too. No
need for several portable devices all capable of doing the same thing
but limited by marketing departments.
You can't go to sleep with a phone plugged into you and sensibly
charge it at the same time without strangling yourself in the mess of
wires.

This is precisely the reason my wife has an ipod thing.

Although it's now broke (non replaceable battery dead) and that
Sandisk thing will be perfect for her...

Gordon

Bought one of these for my daughter last Christmas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Sansa-Player-Expandable-MicroSD/dp/B002NHX0ME6/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

Works fine with Linux, and also has codecs for Ogg Vorbis which is rare.
Also can plug a micro SD card in so you can expand storage, and it has
an FM radio.

She is really pleased with it.

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your reply. It seems that you, Martijn and I agree on the same make and model. That's more than good enough for me! lol. As I mentioned i might go for one myself too.

...and Tom, that's actually quite a fair point she probably could use her current phone. BUt i dont know what else to get her! lol...

cheers roly :-)