Re: [LUG] strange problem...

On 10/12/12 22:27, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Neil, has your daughter's laptop got an Intel processo Maybe her
machine has better supported hardware (I find from experience that Intel
graphics generally work out of the box, well that's been my experience
with Intel graphics, not sure if this is still the case with the newer
Ivybridge Core i series CPUs.

Rob

I am not sure about the processor but I think it is Intel. I will check
and get back to you. I know my desktop has Intel on it. I have installed
Xubuntu on that too and so far so good.

Neil

Have now checked as promised and yes it does have an Intel processor. I asked her again and she has had no problems so far.

Neil