Re: [LUG] Well, that's a bit disappointing....

On 5 December 2012 10:21, paul sutton <zleap@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> a) act as proof of ID
> b) that you have consented to checks being carried out
> Its not the clubs fault,  its the people further up.

This is very common.

I once recently encountered a firm where this was the practice. Once
it was signed and waved in front of the MD, the accounts people then
scanned it back in for archive, shredding the dead tree version.

Quite a few people are now scanning and PDFing paper docs, it's
something I've been looking at for work too.