Re: [LUG] Well, that's a bit disappointing....

On 05/12/12 11:54, tom wrote:
> On 05/12/12 10:21, paul sutton wrote:

>>> Why do people insist on paper shaped documents? ODF if merely a case
>>> of FLOSS following MS down into  the wrong level of hell.
>>> In a couple hours a decent programmer can take fckeditor and merge it
>>> with a version control system.
>>> In a week they could merge the above into a full blown access control
>>> system and that 95% of any internal/external documentation
>>> requirements for almost every company/organisation sorted - and your
>>> web sites too!
>>> And no printing required.
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>

>> Because the powers at the top insist on printed paper
>>
>> take the rugby club for example,.   we have e-crb system that is
>> quicker,  however we still need to fill out a paper form,  so this can
>> then be transcribed on to the website,   partly as the document HAS to
>> be signed by the applicant in order to
>>
>> a) act as proof of ID
>> b) that you have consented to checks being carried out
>>
>> Its not the clubs fault,  its the people further up.
>>
>> Yeah its annoying,  thankfully when I do print them out I just print out
>> the bits that are needed,  not the information pages.
>>
>> The danger is, that when we do find a way round this it will be a
>> proprietary solution anyway and will ignore open standards,  will cost
>> money etc.
>>
>> Paul
>>
> You can print HTML you know just do the form in that!
> Tom te tom te tom

I am aware of that, It hardly helps with the idea of the paperless
office though does it.  What we need is a standard for digitally signing
documents,  and safeguards against fraud,  mind you, you check the
passport anyway while filling in the form with the applicant,  so with
passport,  driving license and proof of address (or other means of ID)
the only reason the signature is needed is for reasons stated above,
which could then be assumed that by sending it electronically its A) you
and B) you consent,

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111