Re: [LUG] New printer

On 29/11/12 18:16, tom wrote:

Or do what we do here - b&w printer from freecycle for people what wont
accept eectronic format. And go to boots or somwehre for 'quality'
printing. Spend on printing in 2 years - about £14 for some colour
photos for relatives we were to tight to buy presents for  and £10 for a
new shelf when an ink cartridge leaked.
Tom te tom te tom

Yes, I have been thinking along those lines, or sort of. I could get a cheap inkjet on special offer somewhere because it is now somewhat outdated and has been replaced/updated.

Advantages are, it should be reasonably priced and compatible cartridges should be easily available. With very recent printers it takes a while for the compatibles to appear.

Then if it fails after a year or so it won't matter much, being cheap to buy and run, so just start again.

Anyway, that is one idea I have had.

Neil