[LUG] New printer

I have had my current printer for a long time (Epson Stylus Photo 810) and it is starting to tell me that it is getting a bit tired. So I have been looking around Google for a possible replacement. Now I am completely overwhelmed by it all. Reviews are not much help. As for the cost of the ink, that is sometimes ridiculous to the extent that one reviewer discovered that replacing all the ink came to more than the cost of a new printer!

I am not a heavy user, I am not interested in these 'all in one' types. Fax, scanner, forget it. A wireless printer would be quite nice, but not that important. Just a simple colour printer to produce reasonable text and very occasional colour prints. And, of course, one which works happily with Linux. Is that too much to ask?

Does anyone have any recommendations please? I would like to find one before this current one decides that enough it enough. My researches so far are sending me crazy .....

In desperation,

Neil