Re: [LUG] OT: Spot the Space Station - heavens above site

On 27/11/12 17:28, paul sutton wrote:
On 27/11/12 13:31, Migel Wimtore wrote:
Cool I use heavens above, btw if you see the spacestation being
followed by another object it could be the ATV which is the supply
craft thing they send up to the space station. Not sure if they are
still using it, but we did see that once,

stellarium is also a good package as that allows you to view the solar
system from different places so see what earth looks like from Mars, or
What Pluto looks like from Neptune.

Paul
In case any one has had issues finding this :-

http://www.heavens-above.com/

hope this helps

Paul

I hesitate to recomend a google app here, but there is google sky map. Point your tablet/phone at the sky and it shows you what your looking at (assuming you let the evil data vampire know where you are!). Won't track a satellite, though it does enable the astronomically challenged to distinguish Uranus from the Moon. And stellarium is great...