Re: [LUG] lazy boot config

On 22/11/12 16:09, tom wrote:
On 22/11/12 15:49, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:

Edit the xUbuntu boot config to include an entry for the other hard
drive, pop it in the computer and make the bios not from it.

Grant

On Nov 22, 2012 3:47 PM, "tom" <tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:tompotts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have a machine with a 30g hard drive and w95 on it. I have a
    hard drive with xubuntu 12.04 on it that I would like to stick in it.
    What is the easiest way to get the machine to dual boot?
    Is there something I can use on windows akin to when I do an
    install and it finds other oses?
    Tom te tom te tom

I was hoping not to have to do that - just add the drive and boot as
normal (into windows) and then download/config in windows then reboot
and choose either. Like I say LAZY!
Tom te tom te tom

Or use Lilo, I'm pretty certain you should be able to have the Windows drive as your Primary Master (I'm assuming it's IDE), then the Linux drive as the Primary Slave (or Secondary Master). Install Lilo on the MBR of the Primary Master and at boot select between Linux and Windows.

Rob