Re: [LUG] New Distro

On 21 Nov, 2012, at 9:05 am, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Recently I installed Mint Maya Xfce as many of you know. I have had a lot of grief with it,

Not to dismiss Neil's problems, but just as another data point, I installed Mint Maya Xfce on a desktop a few weeks back and have had no problems other than lack of bang-up-to-date libraries required by my favored bleeding-edge build of emacs, which is only to be expected. My wife and kids are the main users and they seem very happy with it so far. I was impressed that all devices including a USB webcam and USB Bluetooth dongle JFW. It only has 512 MB RAM, but Firefox and LibreOffice can just about manage together with that, so just need some more RAM now to make it really sing...

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63