Re: [LUG] Mint 14 has been released

Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Just typical too, I installed Mint 13 the other day :-P

I installed Kubuntu for my brother over the weekend, and the next day it did a full upgrade. All on our boondocks molasas broadband. Plus it broke ndiswrapper and now I can't get his wireless Netgear N-300 dongle to work. Building the latest ndiswrapper from sourceforge is a non starter (I forget the error and am away from computer).

Anyways, they should have a little warning on the page, like "by the way, new version coming out freaking TOMMOROW. Save your bitsis and hold your horses."

Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi folks,

Just noticed this evening, Mint 14 has now been released. Only appears
to be the standard desktop version with either Mate (fork of Gnome 2.x)
or Cinnamon (I believe a fork of Gnome 3.x) at the moment. I presume
the KDE and XFCE versions will come in due course.

Just typical too, I installed Mint 13 the other day :-P

(saying that, Mint 13 is an LTS release and supported until April 2017).

Rob