Re: [LUG] PI and time lapse photography

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, Brown Richard wrote:

Hi Edward

One of the biggest reason is no electricity. I know the pi can run on batteries so I'm hoping that I can pick up a camera that will run on batteries and can control the pi. But what about the hardware rig please. Will this run on batteries and where do I go looking please? -- Kind regards

BIG batteries. Use 3 watts for your power consumption estimates for a Pi. You can save a little by changing the 3.3v regulator for a switching one though, but you're only going to save 100mw or so.

Gordon