Re: [LUG] PI and time lapse photography

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, Mark Evans wrote:

On 18/11/12 20:03, Simon Avery wrote:

I don't think it matters what sort of camera, provided you can grab
a jpg off it at fixed intervals and save them as sequentially
named jpgs. (1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg etc)

To make the actual file, I used ffmpeg to combine all the jpgs
together into a video. Lots of examples out there, and a bit of
trial and error and you've got your picture.

There is a program called "motion". Whilst originally designed for
motion detection it's perfectly capable of doing time lapse and
generating video files automatically.

Apparently OpenShot can do this too - as well as speed up/slow down sequences, etc. I have spent some time playing with in in the past few days - my latest effort is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5zrgEDsxSQ&feature=youtu.be

However my camera (Pentax DSLR) will do time-lapse too, and assemble a movie all on its own.. Maybe that's another option, but potentially more expensive...

Gordon