Re: [LUG] New distro - and logging off

Gordon Henderson <gordon+lug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 17 Nov 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

Since everything else is so fast I cannot understand why this should take so
long. I am a bit baffled as to where to look. What can it be doing for all
this time?

Any ideas please?

Hi. If you find a command that works (eg., sudo shutdown -h now, sudo halt, systemctl poweroff) you could map that command to your power button in XFCE Keyboard Shortcuts. This might route around your issue, but you won't get to find out what is currently causing the hang, which might be worth knowing (some rouge service that is not exiting cleanly, perhaps).

Cheers.