Re: [LUG] Linux - and security Part 2

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 1:55 PM, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> I have read the comments and suggestions very carefully.

Wow! :-)

Given the summary you wrote, I think you digested the information very well.

One small comment:

> A virus scan is not needed since we both use Linux only.

This is true.

However, note that this is only true in practise. In theory, you can
just as easily be infected on Linux. It could be that in a few years'
time Linux malware becomes a lot more prominent so that you will need
some kind of anti-virus/security software.

And caution about clicking links, opening attachments etc. should
already be applied.

Martijn.