Re: [LUG] Back to the list with a Raspberry PI and a laptop

On 07/11/12 19:24, Brown Richard wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> Reading the last few emails reminds me why I enjoyed this list. A random selection
> of topics and one or two that I understand!!!
>
> So I'm back. I bought a Raspberry PI and saw that Paul Sutton is offering PI
> training. At the same time I thought I ought to catch up with all on the list once
> again. So here I am back again. I am looking to use the PI as a media centre and
> to power webcams and upload the pictures. I mention the laptop because I would
> like to install Linux on it but I actually cannot remember the name of the laptop
> and it isn't that close.
>
> So, let's deal with the PI. Firstly will the PI mount the webcams as is or will I
> need to add packages. What webcams would you suggest please?
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Kind regards
>
> Richard Brown
> The Street Outreach Project CIC
> http://tsop.org.uk/
> m: 07747 343637

Not sure where you got the idea i was doing PI training,  I am running a
computer club for young people at Parkfield youth centre in Paignton,

 I did suggested the idea that perhaps we could put something together
in order to help people with for example computer secuity,  as that was
related to the thread.

Gordon knows far more about the Pi than I do.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org