Re: [LUG] Time to upgrade

On 25/10/12 17:56, Neil Winchurst wrote:
As for which distro to choose as the new one...!!! I have got it down to
four possibles, but for every good review there is one not so good.
So which are the four in the running? ;)

I've rolled back my fresh Ubuntu 12.10 install due to it not supporting nVidia drivers properly yet (it defaults to nouveau in the hope that x-swat catch up and compile a set for the latest X they saddled 12.10 with).

I must recommend Mint's Cinnamon desktop. I'm running it on my old Ubuntu 12.04 LTS with the Unity 2D Dash. It's very quick and pretty bug free (so far) - better than Unity & Gnome Shell which is slow on my system and very crashy.

Regs
Martin