Re: [LUG] Cash injection for Computer Science Teacher Training

On 21/10/12 14:08, tom wrote:
> On 21/10/12 13:36, Tom Brough wrote:

>>> I cant find a mention of MS in the article.
>>> Tom te tom te tom
>>>
>> Sorry I read several articles on the same story but only included the
>> one that specifically didn't mention the Microsoft Involvement. Here is
>> the BBC take on the same story.
>>
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-20003327
>>

> I'll wait and see what the courses contain -   I cant imagine MS
> holding back the truth forever.
> Tom te tom te tom

Well kids will get the Pi anyway,  what is important is as adults we
support and encourage them and if we can help with anything even Linux
issues we do so,

Find the kids who are interested and support / encourage them all you
can,  even better find a way to bring them together so they have peer
support and they are perfectly capable of helping each other,  then get
em to show their teacher what the are doing,   or get em to build a
cluster and when this new curriculum starts they can ask to do some nice
complex stuff like build a supercluster to (it's been done with the PI)
they understand it,  and their teacher will either go with it or run a
mile,  :)

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111