digdilem@xxxxxxxxx
<list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subj: [LUG] Job offer, Newton Abbot
>

>Hi,
>
>I hope nobody minds me advertising this here, but
it's very related!

>I'm in need of a fairly technical IT
bod to help admin an animal charity's
>systemst. The role
itself is quite diverse and part time - starting one day
week based at Newton Abbot, possibly rising to two days by
mutual
>agreement.
>
>The job is paid - wages to be
discussed but we're talking well above
>minimum wage, but
probably well below going commercial rate. The job is to

>assist me in running and supporting the charity's systems
and users.

>Serverside is entirely debian,
exim4/dovecot/spamassassin, backup-manager,
>zoneminder,
wordpress, etc. Software has always been FOSS where
possible.
>Networking experience useful, deployment of
systems across sites, we use IP
>cameras a lot for animal
welfare and site security. Currently running about
>8
servers across four physical sites.  Also supporting the
staff with
>general upkeep and admin for around 50 windows
PCs and laptops of various
>flavours. It's a nice place to
work, good people, nice setting.

>I can offer some onsite
training for the specifics, but do need somebody
>competent
in linux sysadminning to begin with. Basically, somebody as
geeky
>as myself!
>
>If you're interested, let me know and
I'll send you a somewhat less sketchy