[LUG] Job offer, Newton Abbot

Hi,

I hope nobody minds me advertising this here, but it's very related!

I'm in need of a fairly technical IT bod to help admin an animal charity's systemst. The role itself is quite diverse and part time - starting one day a week based at Newton Abbot, possibly rising to two days by mutual agreement.

The job is paid - wages to be discussed but we're talking well above minimum wage, but probably well below going commercial rate. The job is to assist me in running and supporting the charity's systems and users.

Serverside is entirely debian, exim4/dovecot/spamassassin, backup-manager, zoneminder, wordpress, etc. Software has always been FOSS where possible. Networking experience useful, deployment of systems across sites, we use IP cameras a lot for animal welfare and site security. Currently running about 8 servers across four physical sites.  Also supporting the staff with general upkeep and admin for around 50 windows PCs and laptops of various flavours. It's a nice place to work, good people, nice setting.

I can offer some onsite training for the specifics, but do need somebody competent in linux sysadminning to begin with. Basically, somebody as geeky as myself!

If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a somewhat less sketchy job description.

Simon