Re: [LUG] "I am calling you from Windows" scam redux

On 05/10/12 12:12, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 05/10/12 12:01, paul sutton wrote:
>> We need to get more people to simply HANG UP or tell em where to go then
>> hang up.
> Probably delaying tactics are what we want people to do.
>
> Tell them you need to get your son, wife, husband, and put the phone
> down on the desk and see how long before they hang up.
>
> Obviously not always convenient, but it ties up the most amount of
> scammer for the least amount of effort on our part.

However this is not always possible when you are waiting in for an
Important phone call, but a good idea for if you can spare the time.

Perhaps a mix of tactics is important

I think one way to help the general user base out there is to constantly
remind them that these calls are scams, if they need help contact a
reputable computer dealer or even better install a proper OS. :)

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111

http://www.raspberrypi.org