Re: [LUG] Amazing

On 25/09/12 09:59, George Parker wrote:
Today my gob has been truly smacked. I found an offer of a free
downloadable copy of Your Family Tree magazine, logged on the site and
found that I had to install a piece of software called Zinio Reader.
Here we go thinks I, another fine mess.  Not a mention of Linux anywhere
but it did mention Android.

I clicked the download Zinio button and it came up with 'You have to
install Flash'. Click. 'You have to install Adobe Air'. Click. And blow
me down it all installed, no problem, and left me with an open reader
with a link on my desktop.  Log in to magazine site and download my free
copy.

My hat comes off to Zinio, absolutely seamless install with no mention
of operating system.

(Now I think of it, I have no idea what is installed or where it is
installed or where my downloads are.  Aaaargh! Could this be the start
of paranoia?)

George

Only problem is when Flash and Air get too old to work on newer Linux systems :-)

Rob