[LUG] Amazing

Today my gob has been truly smacked. I found an offer of a free downloadable copy of Your Family Tree magazine, logged on the site and found that I had to install a piece of software called Zinio Reader. Here we go thinks I, another fine mess. Not a mention of Linux anywhere but it did mention Android.

I clicked the download Zinio button and it came up with 'You have to install Flash'. Click. 'You have to install Adobe Air'. Click. And blow me down it all installed, no problem, and left me with an open reader with a link on my desktop. Log in to magazine site and download my free copy.

My hat comes off to Zinio, absolutely seamless install with no mention of operating system.

(Now I think of it, I have no idea what is installed or where it is installed or where my downloads are. Aaaargh! Could this be the start of paranoia?)

George