Re: [LUG] fortune .u8 symlinks

On 23/09/12 16:27, Philip Hudson wrote:

> Wow, debian's fortune-mod is bad C. I mean, Daily WTF standard. If this
> can be long-standing multi-distro code, then maybe I'm not as unworthy
> to contribute code as I thought.

You find all manner of nasties in the code if you go looking. By and
large the older the code, and this can mean very core code in some
cases, the worse.

The one that most irritated was the "setuid" calls in "cu" which meant I
couldn't run it as root on debian because then the calls succeeded
rather than silently failing.