Re: [LUG] Samba - not the dance

On 20/09/12 12:44, paul sutton wrote:

> Maybe there is a flow chat somewhere,  that can help determine for
> others the best way forward
>
> so each box has yes or now and eventually ends with use nfs,  use file
> server + nfs,  use samba,  depending on the route and questions asked
> and the answers to those.
>
> I know this won't provide a one stop answer but it can help people think
> about their set up and help them determine possible solutions.

Sounds plausible but the options are endless.

GNOME have gone with advertising services via DNS and using WebDav, they
use to use FTP, not sure on why the change but I suspect the DNS
requirement will take it out of most normal users repertoire.

If you PC has bluetooth there are a load of apps to share with mobile
devices, which can also work network wise.