Re: [LUG] Dual Boot Windows 7

On Tuesday 11 Sep 2012 12:02:21 Henry Bremridge wrote:
> I have a new laptop (Samsung from PC World) and am not enjoying Windows.
> From reading on the web (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpipA-_3nSs), I
> assume that the best way to getting back to Debian is:
> 1) Set up partition from within Windows
> 2) Install Debian live and then follow the instructions as normal. Or is a
> debian netinst fine.
>
> Given that
> a) I would like whole disk encryption for my debian data (client data) and
> I intend to back up every night to an external hardrive
> b) I have spent hours getting Windows updated and I do not want to use
> system restore on windows
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just one suggestion, I don't know about deb as I have not installed / run it
for a few years, but my distro of choice (Mageia) needs a /boot thats not
encrypted, all the rest including /swp can be encrypted.
Regards John (the midlands D&C member)
--
Registered Linux user number 414240

Guy Faulks the only person to enter the Parliament with honest intentions and
he was going to blow them up !