Re: [LUG] BCS SW Event

No objection.

Ray.

zleap@xxxxxxxxx
>Date: 04/09/2012 20:27
>To: <list@dcglug.
org.uk>

Rob Beard wrote:
>> On 04/09/12 13:25, Dave Foxcroft wrote:

>>> Hi All
>>>
>>> This might be of interest to some.. It
is open to all (not just BCS
>>> members) and free of
charge.

>>> BCS South-West Event, 26th September 2012,
19:30
>>> 'A slice of Raspberry Pi'
>>>

>>> Plymouth
University at 19:30 Eben Upton (Executive Director,
Raspberry Pi Foundation), will join us by video conference
for a short presentation in which he will describe the
student recruitment challenges which inspired the Raspberry
Pi project, give an overview of the history of the project
and the features of the device, and speculate on where we
may be going over the next year or so. Following the
introduction to the Raspberry Pi, Dr Shirley Atkinson
(Plymouth University) will demonstrate a variety of
Raspberry Pi projects with the opportunity to try âA slice
of Raspberry Piâ yourself.

>>> Booking:
>>> In order to
ensure suitable venue size and catering, we ask all
attendees to book for each branch event via the website
(http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk
http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk/>.
>>> *
>>> **BCS South
West events are open to everyone**, eligible for CPD and
(unless otherwise indicated) free of charge*.  The pre-
booking system is only used to allow rooms and catering to
be arranged. Please note that most presentations will now
be video-recorded and we aim to make videos available via
our website shortly after each event.

>>> Details
of other BCS South West events can be found on their
website at:

>>> http://www.bcs-southwest.org.ukhttp://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk/>
>>>

>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Dave
>>
>> Certainly does sound
interesting, I saw something on Twitter about it

earlier. I'll have to see if I can sort out a babysitter.

>> Anyone else from the LUG planning on going?
>>
>> Rob

>May be worth getting hold of the video (well i am
guessing its going to
>be a dvd :D ) to show at lug meets
and so the lug can perhaps promote
>the PI etc.
>

>Depending on cost of dvd ( the current lug funds may cover
it )
>providing no one objects to lug funds being used in
this way.