Re: [LUG] BCS SW Event

On 04/09/12 20:25, Rob Beard wrote:
> On 04/09/12 13:25, Dave Foxcroft wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> This might be of interest to some.. It is open to all (not just BCS
>> members) and free of charge.
>>
>> BCS South-West Event, 26th September 2012, 19:30
>> 'A slice of Raspberry Pi'
>>

>> Plymouth University at 19:30 Eben Upton (Executive Director, Raspberry Pi
>> Foundation), will join us by video conference for a short presentation in which
>> he will describe the student recruitment challenges which inspired the Raspberry
>> Pi project, give an overview of the history of the project and the features of
>> the device, and speculate on where we may be going over the next year or so.
>> Following the introduction to the Raspberry Pi, Dr Shirley Atkinson (Plymouth
>> University) will demonstrate a variety of Raspberry Pi projects with the
>> opportunity to try ‘A slice of Raspberry Pi’ yourself.
>>
>> Booking:
>> In order to ensure suitable venue size and catering, we ask all attendees to book
>> for each branch event via the website
>> (http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk<http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk/>).
>> *
>> **BCS South West events are open to everyone**, eligible for CPD and (unless
>> otherwise indicated) free of charge*.  The pre-booking system is only used to
>> allow rooms and catering to be arranged. Please note that most presentations will
>> now be video-recorded and we aim to make videos available via our website shortly
>> after each event.
>>

>> Details of other BCS South West events can be found on their website at:
>>
>> http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk<http://www.bcs-southwest.org.uk/>
>>

>> Cheers
>>
>> Dave
>
> Certainly does sound interesting, I saw something on Twitter about it
> earlier. I'll have to see if I can sort out a babysitter.
>
> Anyone else from the LUG planning on going?
>
> Rob

May be worth getting hold of the video (well i am guessing its going to
be a dvd :D ) to show at lug meets and so the lug can perhaps promote
the PI etc.

Depending on cost of dvd ( the current lug funds may cover it )
providing no one objects to lug funds being used in this way.

Paul

http://drupal.zleap.net
skype : psutton111