Re: [LUG] Video editing

On Sun, 2 Sep 2012, Neil Winchurst wrote:

I do take a lot of still pictures but, for some strange reason, although
we have a video camera I have not made much use of it. So it is time
that I did.

I have been told that there are some good video editing programs out
there for Linux, and the best is something called kdenlive.

Comments anyone?

Curiously enough having just bought a new stills camera with the ability to take video, I was looking at this myself and No. 1 on my list is something called avidemux.

This is one page of reviews:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux-video-editing-system-software/

I did consider kdenlive, but it seems to want to bring in the whole of "K" which if you use KDE is ptobably fine, but I don't so it irritates me, so I've not looked at it yet.

Gordon