Re: [LUG] Video editing

On 02/09/12 18:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> Curiously enough having just bought a new stills camera with the ability
> to take video, I was looking at this myself and No. 1 on my list is
> something called avidemux.
>
> This is one page of reviews:
>
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux-video-editing-system-software/
>
> I did consider kdenlive, but it seems to want to bring in the whole of
> "K" which if you use KDE is ptobably fine, but I don't so it irritates
> me, so I've not looked at it yet.
>
> Gordon

Thanks, will have a look. Meanwhile I am trying to get the latest
version of kdenlive 0.9 which seems very good. Unfortunately my distro
has version 0.7. There is a ppa for the latest version but it will not
work, the first time a ppa has failed me.

Hopefully the next version of Kubuntu or Mint, or whatever I choose as
my next distro, will have the latest version in the repos.

Neil