Re: [LUG] ICT Officer (Technical)

In terms of pay, the industry standard in Devon is to pay level 2 Early
Years / Childcare or unqualified at national minimum wage only and level
3 at around £6.90 / hour. As a PhD qualified senior manager I can afford
to pay myself 99p above national minimum wage!!! At those rates we just
about survive using fund-raising to top up our income. I think anyone
offering anything above national minimum wage for level 2 is actually
being quite generous. Most of the commercial nurseries only employ
apprentices as the lower paid staff (for whom the national minimum wage
is only £2.60/hour) and then sack them when they qualify - but then they
need to turn a profit, which as a charity we don't.

Your email is informative and depressing. Our children are quite
literally our future and yet we're fucking them over like this. When are
we ever going to learn?

Regards