Re: [LUG] 1tb or higher flashdrives where to by them in the uk?

On 11/07/12 15:43, trahern culver wrote:
hey all any one know where to buy flash drives that are 1tb or higher in the uk?

your help with this question would be most welcome kind regards trahern.
If I'm honest I'm not sure, I did a quick Google search and had a look around at the places I normally get stuff from and the largest I've found is an Intel SSD which comes in at about £800 for 600GB.  If this was to go inside a PC then technically you could setup two of these in RAID 0.

Other than that the 512GB ones seem to be around the £500 mark.

I did find something else which brought back memories of the old Hard Card devices back in the XT and 286 days where you got say a 20MB hard drive on an ISA card...

http://www.ebuyer.com/284731-ocz-revodrive-1tb-hybrid-solid-state-drive-pci-e-read-910mb-s-rvdhy-fh-1t

At £300 you get a PCI Express card with a 1TB hard drive and an SSD cache which I'm guessing is a more expensive and maybe slightly faster version of the Seagate hybrid SSD/hard drive they do.

Rob