Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi Map

On Mon, 28 May 2012, Viv Griffin wrote:

We have one but, have managed to omit to get the correct usb cable for the
psu so, are having to wait for another to arrive. Have set up an sd card
with the  fedora remix rather than the debian because we found resizing the
partition for a 32gb card awkward and the fedora remix does this for you,
at first boot (apparently).

Resize is only 3 commands away and if you use Fedora you'll probably be the only one... Debian is by far the most popular right now. There seems to be some issues withthe Fedora install right now.

There's resize instructions here:

https://projects.drogon.net/raspberry-pi/initial-setup1/

You do it live, on the Pi.

If you want to be bleeding-edge, there's raspbian - http://www.raspbian.org/HexxehImages

I'm running that now - the difference is that it's Debian Wheezy rather than stable and it's all bee re-compiled for the ARMFH architecture to enable both hardware floating point and the armhf ABI - Debian uses soft floats and the older ABI, so is somewhat slower.

Then there's working out what memory split you need - it started to all get rather complicated - and we're expecting newbies to use the ;-)

Gordon