Re: [LUG] social media

On 29/04/12 16:16, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 29 Apr 2012 15:58:38 +0100
> Rhia Knowles <rhiadratech@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Rhia,
>
>> I don't know about linkedin but twitter and Facebook are open source
> Isn't that just the APIs, rather than everything?

I merely suggested Linked in as this is aimed more at professionals as
in this is why you can enter your cv and network with other people in
the industry you are in or interested in.  It has nothing to do with
weather its open source or not,    if there are companies out there
using open source and they are on linked in they are going to perhaps
look there for staff too,

Having endured endless invites to farmville, cityville and other
nonsense,  invites to stuff I am simply not interested in (when i
created lug events on facebook I selected people i know are lug members
to invite them)  most people just invite everyone in their friends
list.  I decided to stop checking facebook.  OK sure I am now checking
occasionally but when I do nothing has come up that makes me thing
people actually want to bother contacting me, and if they do is usually
because they want something.  I even redirected facebook spam
(notifications) to my hotmail address so it didn't clog up my inbox with
rubbish.   I have more responses of a intelligent nature from google+ ,
linked in and the lug than I will ever get from facebook.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111