[LUG] social media

Hi,  this could cause more of a flamewar than the topic that promoted it

All the talk of creating new groups and attracting new memebrs got me
thinking

Rob mentioned google +,  there is also Facebook and LinkedIN as
alternative social media outlets,   to appeal to the younger generation
we are probably going to HAVE to embrace social media in some way, so
which one do you think we should / could use.

Facebook - people here use facebook but some dont really like their
attitude to privacy and freedom. I don't really find it very technical,

Google + seems to have similar privacy problems but IS more for the techie

Dispora -  never really figured it out,

linkedIN is a profressional social media network,  hence it has the
facility for creating work related profiles, cv / job / work history
etc.   so if we are going to try and get Linux out there to business
perhaps a presence on LinkedIN may  make us look more professional.
Advantage users can use the cv bits of this but at the same time link up
with other Linux users.

Sometimes we have to put freedom to one side,  to promote freedom
itself,  you may find that people look to LinkedIN to hire professional
staff,  rather than the other social networks,  perhaps keep facebook
for social lives,  but put a more professional look on LinkedIN

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com

skype : psutton111