Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi's on eBay ..

 On 17/04/2012 11:21, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Julian Hall wrote:

On 17/04/2012 10:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, paul sutton wrote:

On 17/04/12 10:46, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 17/04/2012 10:23, tom wrote:
On 17/04/12 09:04, Gordon Henderson wrote:

.. if you really really want one, then they're there...

Gordon

If you really want one remember if you buy these from 'touts' on
e-bay the next nice toy you want will be sold to you at a premium in
the same way.
Tom te tom te tom

Bought my current computer on eBay.. from a business seller who is
also reviewed regularly by Computer Shopper.  There are sellers to be
wary of, but I think with common sense they can be avoided :)
Julian

I agree,   i think tom may have been referring to people selling a
raspPI for over £100, in fact one has buy it now for £220,  not bad
markup for a £16 computer

The Buy it now is dropping already - the lastest one is "only" £130..

Now if one were to come up for under £100 in Devon I really would be tempted... Sure, someone is going to make a nice little profit, but it's a free market... My oder didn't get through until 12 hours after the gates openend - I'm not going to see mine for 4-6 weeks at the very soonest, so would I pay £100 more for something I could have today? Absolutely.

Gordon
I will admit I got slightly burnt on one occasion.. bought a laptop (same model as a friend had so I knew the spec). The seller removed the internal WiFi card and Bluetooth module before sending it and threw in a PCMCIA WiFi card, so *technically* he told the truth saying it was WiFi capable. My fault also for not noticing he didn't say it had Bluetooth (as it should have).

Caveat Emptor as usual.

Oh absolutely! My wife got stung a while back on ebay buying what turned out to be counterfeit hair straighterners - the mains lead popped out leaving what looked like a phono plug with exposed 230volts on it!!!

However we've both had good bargians off ebay - you just have to be carefull and all the high-value stuff I've bought, I've collected in person, making sure it works before parting with cash!

Gordon
I got an Acer Iconia A500 for £220 - BNIB.. amazes me how many are for sale by people who had them for Christmas and are disappointed it wasn't an iPad?? It's a gorgeous bit of kit :)

Julian