Re: [LUG] Raspberry Pi's on eBay ..

 On 17/04/2012 10:51, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, paul sutton wrote:

On 17/04/12 10:46, Julian Hall wrote:
 On 17/04/2012 10:23, tom wrote:
On 17/04/12 09:04, Gordon Henderson wrote:

.. if you really really want one, then they're there...

Gordon

If you really want one remember if you buy these from 'touts' on
e-bay the next nice toy you want will be sold to you at a premium in
the same way.
Tom te tom te tom

Bought my current computer on eBay.. from a business seller who is
also reviewed regularly by Computer Shopper.  There are sellers to be
wary of, but I think with common sense they can be avoided :)
Julian

I agree,   i think tom may have been referring to people selling a
raspPI for over £100, in fact one has buy it now for £220,  not bad
markup for a £16 computer

The Buy it now is dropping already - the lastest one is "only" £130..

Now if one were to come up for under £100 in Devon I really would be tempted... Sure, someone is going to make a nice little profit, but it's a free market... My oder didn't get through until 12 hours after the gates openend - I'm not going to see mine for 4-6 weeks at the very soonest, so would I pay £100 more for something I could have today? Absolutely.

Gordon
I will admit I got slightly burnt on one occasion.. bought a laptop (same model as a friend had so I knew the spec). The seller removed the internal WiFi card and Bluetooth module before sending it and threw in a PCMCIA WiFi card, so *technically* he told the truth saying it was WiFi capable. My fault also for not noticing he didn't say it had Bluetooth (as it should have).

Caveat Emptor as usual.

Julian