Re: [LUG] Possible meeting place/demo room?

On 15 April 2012 09:17, Neil Winchurst <barnaby@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 15/04/12 07:32, Viv Griffin wrote:

> On 14 April 2012 21:44, Philip Hudson <phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:phil.hudson@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Here's one data point for such a talk: This is the first year I've
>     done two complete-wipe/single-boot installs for non-techies that
>     have JFW, zero problems. Mint 10 & 11.
>

> Thanks Philip. I will install Mint on a Virtual Box and have a look at
> it. You mention versions 10 and 11 specifically. I know that Mint 12 is
> out now (have just checked). Do you avoid the latest version for new
> users or is it just that you are not using it yourself yet? I will have
> a look at it and let you know what I think.

If it is of any help, I have Mint 12 KDE, 64 bit, installed on VBox and
have had no problems with it so far. (So far meaning since it first came
out.) IMHO it is very good, but then I have used KDE for years.

Regards

Neil
Thanks - that is the one that I was thinking of trying out. I have tried Mint myself and liked it but, it was quite a while ago and since then have mainly used Ubuntu. However, I think Mint looks much more user friendly to Windows users and would probably be easier for them to get used to.