Re: [LUG] Postgresql

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012, Philip Hudson wrote:

Thanx, tried that, and the inverse from likely culprits, no joy. Guess I'll
try the brute-force-and-ignorance approach next.

Just un-install it and see what breaks...

Have to say, I've never seen anything install postgresql in a Debian box before! Or even Mysql - unless installing the debian LAMP stuff...

sure you've not installed the 'wrong' version of something like proftpd - one that wants to use *sql rather than /etc/passwd, or something like that?

Gordon