Re: [LUG] Postgresql

On 09/04/12 20:07, Philip Hudson wrote:
On my debian box I have postgresql 8.4, 9.0 and 9.1 all running. Anyone
know a) what are the most likely things to have installed PGSQL

You could try the following to identify what might depends on postgres (assuming you've only installed Policy-compliant packages via the package manager):

apt-cache rdepends postgresql-8.4
apt-cache rdepends postgresql-9.0
apt-cache rdepends postgresql-9.1

It is possible that you have applications which depend on "postgresql" and the multiple versions you have are a result of newer versions being installed over time and the older versions not being (automatically) removed.

Regards,