Re: [LUG] OT: HTC Desire, update

On Sat, Feb 11, 2012 at 10:19:34AM +0000, Henry Bremridge wrote:

> In case anyone else has a problem
>
> -   Rang HTC who said the USB cable was broken and would send another in 6
>     working days. If that did not fix it then I could send in the HTC and
>     they would repair it within 28 days
> -   Rang 02, who could not do anything
> -   Rang CarphoneWarehouse who have a repair shop in Plymouth where they
>     reckon they can repair 80% within 2 days. Or drop it off at the shop I
>     bought and they would send for repair centrally within 14 days.
>     Carphone Warehouse would also lend me a simple phone to use in the meantime
>
> As the USB cable looks fine, and the USB port works, I took to Carphone
> Warehouse. The HTC is within manufacturers warranty

Carphone Warehouse have replaced the motherboard: took 12 days. In the
meantime I had a simple phone.

The replacement motherboard came with a 90 day warranty: this was left as a
voicemail on my mobile

Lessons learnt:
-   Make sure I back up all phone numbers from the phone
-   Make sure I back up all important texts
Yes I know...

Overall was quite impressed by Carphone Warehouse

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately