Re: [LUG] Error #2046 playing flash video in Adobe Flash Player 11.1

On 24/01/12 16:47, bad apple wrote:

> What version of flash are you using? If you're using the standard one
> from the repos, it may well be worth trying the latest beta direct from
> Adobe. Also, 64 or 32 bit?

32bit - the player works fine except within my current Iceweasel settings.

> Rather than messing about with your own profile(s) temporarily create a
> new user account and experiment from there instead.

I have and it works.

> Might also be worth trying a newer version of iceweasel - presumably
> from http://mozilla.debian.net/ - or building a nightly from source. You
> seem pretty sure it's Adobe at fault and you're probably right but it's
> worth checking to eliminate false positives.

I really doubt it is Adobe, more likely me fiddling with credentials.

I could try different versions, but as I said it works except for
something very particular to my settings.

So there is something in my profile or account that breaks things.

> Lastly, is "flash-player-properties" what you're looking for?

Don't know, seems to be a package that existed at Debian Multimedia at
some point. I seem to have no trouble changing Flash settings, it just
never makes any difference to the observed behaviour, so I doubt it is
going to help.