Re: [LUG] Demo hosting was Re: Dynamic DNS

On Thu, 2012-01-19 at 08:59 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> On 19/01/12 08:17, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> >
> > Virtually nothing for a bog-standard account on a shared system.... It's
> > a highly competitive market now.
>
> AWS free tier - free for a year enough to run a small linux box for a year.
>
> I dare say there are others, although probably truly free stuff is
> abused a lot.
>
>  Simon

As an aside to this, has any one managed to use the Skype "Share my
Screen" using Linux and Windows?
I can see my Fathers Win xp machine with this but it doesn't work the
other way round ( I have no Compiz  or fancy effects) But it does enable
me to see his Win problems and sort the out.

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Skype minions_shop