Re: [LUG] IPv6, ADSL and FTTC

On 18/01/12 09:02, Gordon Henderson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2012, Anthony Williams wrote:
Your using Entanet by the looks of things.. Have they actually enabled
it in your line?

Yes, I'm using Entanet. I've asked them to enable it, but haven't had confirmation yet.

I hope I don't have as bad an experience as you did.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an ADSL modem and a separate
router with wifi + wired ports that support IPv6, where I can use the
router with an FTTC modem?

Draytek vigor 120 modem then a Linux based router - well, it's what I'm
using. If you want router inna box, then there are many off the shelf -
e.g. the MikroTik range. I understand these are Linux in the core with
MicroTiks own front-end.

Another alternative might be a router/modem/wi-fi combo which as a 2nd
WAN port (Ethernet) that can do PPPoE, so you move to using that when
the ADSL is converted into FTTC with a supplied modem.

The Billion BiPak 7800 can be re-flashed with alternative software to
support IPv6 natively

I'm happy to flash the firmware using openwrt or similar if that gives
me what I need (my current router isn't supported by openwrt).

That might be an easy option if you already have the hardware, however
make sure it's up to the job of 100Mb connections - I understand some of
the early ones were somewhat throughput limited.

I'll be sure to check.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Anthony
--