Re: [LUG] simple cms

tom wrote:

> There is a nice website, the owner wants to be able to modify the odd
> page or two, the designer does not wish to have to repair the whole site
> cos the owners screwed it up.
>
> I was wondering about a simple little PHP upload tool but as you pointed
> out it once you look at security and logins you want to do it right and
> it is no longer simple....

I would just put the tools in a directory and protect it using HTTP
authentication (Apache .htaccess)

We have a little tool that lets us edit snippets using FCKEdit (or
whatever it became, plenty of similar stuff turn a textarea into an simple
HTML editor), and then you just drop a php include in the site that reads
the snippets from a database. I dare say similar could be written as one
PHP file with saving to files, and including files using PHP include.
Probably easier to write than to find....