Re: [LUG] simple cms

On 11/01/12 12:50, tom wrote:
On 11/01/12 12:15, Simon Waters wrote:
tom wrote:
Anyone know of a simple cms that will just allow a signed in user to
upload a few files into a directory thats already part of a web site?
I found a PHP upload tool that was okayish for a client, I could dig that
out.

But it raises the question "what is a logged in user" (generally it isn't
HTTP authentication) so it is some sort of integration.

Why is this CMS not just a file upload tool?

There is a nice website, the owner wants to be able to modify the odd page or two, the designer does not wish to have to repair the whole site cos the owners screwed it up.

I was wondering about a simple little PHP upload tool but as you pointed out it once you look at security and logins you want to do it right and it is no longer simple....
Tom te tom te tom

I haven't used it for years but Frog CMS was always small and flexible. I don't know if that is still the case but your best bet would be to use a "lightweight" CMS that has a good permissions system and simply limit what the user can see.

Gibbs