Re: [LUG] simple cms

On 11/01/12 13:10, Simon Waters wrote:
tom wrote:
There is a nice website, the owner wants to be able to modify the odd
page or two, the designer does not wish to have to repair the whole site
cos the owners screwed it up.

I was wondering about a simple little PHP upload tool but as you pointed
out it once you look at security and logins you want to do it right and
it is no longer simple....
I would just put the tools in a directory and protect it using HTTP
authentication (Apache .htaccess)

We have a little tool that lets us edit snippets using FCKEdit (or
whatever it became, plenty of similar stuff turn a textarea into an simple
HTML editor), and then you just drop a php include in the site that reads
the snippets from a database. I dare say similar could be written as one
PHP file with saving to files, and including files using PHP include.
Probably easier to write than to find....

Thing is if I write then the designer comes to me when anything related to it gets screwed up....
Tom te tom te tom