Re: [LUG] Anyone tried CodeAcademy?

On Tue, 10 Jan 2012, Tony Sumner wrote:

On Jan 10, 2012, Gordon Henderson wrote:

 Re. my recent experiences of trying to plot a simple point on a
screen )-:

A late comment on this. I once wanted to plot a fractal set, eg the
Sierpinski triangle, and ordinary plotting programs like gplot didn't
seem to do points. So I wrote it in postscript, which is a complete
language and can do the calculations and then plot the points. Would
that suit your application?

Not really, but thanks.

I solved the issue by finding a graphics library that would do what I need - SDL (see the archives ;-)

Most other systems these days seem geared up to drawing shapes, scenes, or iconns, buttons, tabs, etc. rather than simple dots and lines. I looked at using X directly via XLib but was thinking of something a bit more portable and SDL seems to fit the bill.

Might have something to show in a few weeks ...

Gordon